Sunday, 2 September 2012

Max Factor fantasy fire

I thought I would start off by showing what I am currently wearing on my nails. I was in Boots a few days ago and had my usual browse of the polishes and there I saw the last bottle of fantasy fire so I just had to get it to see what all the hype was about. I couldn't see all the different colours in the bottle at first. The application was very smooth and sparkly but quite translucent and would probably require a few coats to get an opaque finish. So I thought I would apply it over a dark blue I had - 17 Midnight sapphire.


Here is midnight sapphire without fantasy fire. It's a gorgeous dark blue with a slight shimmer to it and takes about two coats.


Now here are the pictures of fantasy fire over the midnight sapphire.

In natural light - there are hints of purple and green



In artificial light - you can really see how sparkly it is and along with the purple and green there are also hints of orange.


I have to say I was pleasantly surprised the application was smooth and dries quick which is a big plus for me as I can be really impatient waiting for polish to dry. I have tried lots of tricks like cold water and the rapid dry sprays but I still manage to smudge them but none with the fantasy fire (just a bit of a messy application). Also for the price I would say its a great addition to the collection, usually when reading blogs and I see the latest must have polish they are usually hard to get in the U.K and as a result work out to be quite expensive. 








1 comment: